Let me start by saying that I am not a fan of scary movies. However, I can appreciate the brilliance behind some of the more popular scary movies. Unfortunately I often just don’t like being scared or watching things with a lot of gore. Blood and violence make me a bit queasy. I do make an exception once a year during the month of October. It is my way of celebrating Halloween. The following is my scary movie watch list for October 2014:
- Chernobyl Diaries
- Rosemary’s Baby
- The Grudge – tried watching this years ago and could not make it through.
- The Woman in Black
- The Children of the Corn – definitely the 1984 version which I saw when I was probably too young to be watching movies like that.
- Paranormal Activity
- Cursed – this list had to include a Wes Craven movie.
- Psycho – the 1960 version. This list also had to include a Hitchcock (the Master of Suspense).
- Halloween – the 1978 version. I personally believe this is the best Halloween movie every made. I watch it every year.
- The Orphanage – (El orfanato) Spanish film
Out of all the movies listed above, I have only seen three of them all the way through. This will be a scaretastic month!
What are your favorite scary movies?