One week ago, I found out about a 24-hour Readathon at Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon. I find this idea fascinating and wonderful and have been looking forward to it for the last week. While I have many other things I should be doing instead, I am ditching all my other responsibilities to immerse myself in other worlds and adventures.
- What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I will be putting myself in the shoes of Virginia Woolf, Murakami’s world of two moons, and the haunted village of Sleepy Hollow.
- Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I look forward to every book in my stack.
- Which snack are you most looking forward to? I will snack on fruits and olives. I know…I’m boring. I might spice things up a bit by have a glass or two of Prosecco.
- Tell us a little something about yourself! I’ve loved reading since I was a very young person. My mom would get mad at me for sitting and reading all the time instead of doing my chores. I have moved around a lot in the last 17 years. No matter where I go though, my books make me feel like I have created a home there. It is the one constant I have had.
- If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? This is my very first read-a-thon, and I am most looking forward to finally taking time in my always busy life to enjoy cuddling up with some good books. It has been too long. When I can’t sit inside any longer, I will be taking my book on a walk, where I will sit and read on a park bench for a while to enjoy the beautiful Fall sun.
Time to start! Happy Reading!!!