I’m still going strong, even at Hour Twelve! Here is my mid-point survey responses:
- What are you reading right now? I am halfway through “To the Lighthouse” by Virginia Woolf.
- How many books have you read so far? I have not finished any books yet, but I made some progress on “1Q84” by Haruki Murakami before switching to Virginia Woolf.
- What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? When I am finished with Virginia Woolf, I am looking forward to reading “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” by Washington Irving. It is the Halloween season after all.
- Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I have had some interruptions. Eating and walking around are necessary interruptions. I do find myself wasting a lot of time on social media. I really don’t think I need to keep reading about people reading, and yet I am addicted. During the 2nd half of this readathon, I will be spending less time on social media.
- What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? I guess I didn’t realize how many activities there would be. New mini-challenges are offered every hour, and of course I have to participate. I also didn’t know how much of the readathon involves social media. I mean, I actually went on my Twitter account and posted for the first time in seven years. Finally, I feel that I should have spent more time preparing for this readathon. I could have prepared snacks ahead of time, made sure everything I needed for 24 hours was nearby, etc.
Time to get back to reading!