Another Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon has ended. It was an overall great day! I went to bookstores for Independent Bookstore Day and then spent the rest of the day reading. Here is how I did on my reading goals for the day:
- Finish 3 books – Finished 3 books and started 2 other books
- Read at least 800 pages – Read 623 pages
- Read for the full 12 hours – Read 12 1/2 hours
- Post at least 5 times to social media – Posted multiple times on blog, Litsy, and Goodreads
- Track progress in bullet journal – Yes – see image below
- Drink at least 100 ounces of water – Drank 47 ounces of water
- Get at least 1 bingo on each readathon bingo card – Did not get bingo
- How many books did you read during this readathon? Did you have any favorites? I read 5 books. I enjoyed Reading Quirks most, which I had just purchased in the last week.
- How many books did you finish? I finished 5 books.
- Did you accomplish your goals for this readathon? I did ok. I succeeded on some and not others.
- How did your snacks and meals work out? Are there things you would change about the food and beverages side of your readathon for next time? I had a great amount of food, including some readathon traditions. I don’t think I would change anything.
- Did you enjoy this readathon? What was the most successful part of your readathon? What would you change for next time? I always enjoy the readathon. Making progress on my reads and finishing multiple books was the successful part of the readathon. Also, I always enjoy puzzling while listening to an audiobook. (See the puzzle I am working on below.) I plan to do a lot of things differently next time. Next time I hope to dedicate the day to the readathon. That was hard to do this time, since I wanted to participate in the Independent Bookstore Day. I also want to spend more time preparing. Maybe I’ll take a day off of work to really look at the bingo cards and prepare to participate in sprints and other social media activities.
- What Dewey’s social media sites did you visit during this readathon? What activities did you participate in? Do you plan to complete those activities over the remainder of the weekend? I posted on this blog (obviously), Litsy and Goodreads, but I would like to explore posting and checking out other sites as well.
Did you participate in the readathon? If so, how did you do? Did you enjoy yourself?
A bookstore puzzle, nice! I didn‘t get around to doing either of my 2 ongoing puzzles this weekend. But I really need to get back to them.
I missed the Dewey’s 24 this year, but I plan to do a personal Readathon sometime during the month of May. There is just too much going on at Rae’s Reads. my bookshop, and the end of the semester at my university. However, BIG changes are on the horizon. Stay tuned to PWR (http://powerfulwomenreaders.wordpress.com for more info. Have a great week.