I am super excited to begin my 3rd time participating in Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon! I participated a year ago and almost made it 24 hours but not quite. I hope to be more successful this time. Wish I hadn’t been too excited to get a decent night’s sleep last night. Oh well.
I’ve made some tweaks to my literature this year. I have added large print books for some of the later hours when your eyes start to get a bit blurry. I also have a supply of audiobooks to allow me to continue reading while moving around a bit. This will hopefully keep my body going for 24 hours. I hope to read around 700 pages and finish at least 4 books.
I have my reading spots, my book stack and snacks all ready. I actually have multiple reading spots this year. I’ve included a picture of one and will post from a different one later. My snacks are plentiful. While they don’t look too healthy, I do have some apple slices in there somewhere.
It’s time for the opening survey:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Missouri City, Texas, USA (first time doing this in the US!)
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I am most looking forward to reading Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Twizzlers
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I have recently moved back to the United States and am now working at a Public Library. Clearly I love books.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? As mentioned above I am adding audiobooks to my reading list as well adding some additional reading spots to keep things fresh.
Let’s do this!!!!