I’ve begun my week of reading with the Bout of Books 32 readathon. My summer is quickly coming to a close, so I thought it would be nice to have some quality reading time before my work load gets unbearable again.
Here is a bit of information about this readathon:
The Bout of Books Readathon was created by Amanda Shofner on a complete whim in August 2011*. People seemed to enjoy it, so Amanda decided to do it again and turn it into a regular occurrence.
Here’s what you should know about us:
- Bout of Books is a week long readathon, run from midnight Monday (8/16) through midnight Sunday (8/22) in whatever time zone you are in. (Time zones are tough to coordinate, yo.)
- It’s low pressure, meaning you’re only asked to read. We discourage competition between readers.
- How much time you want, and can commit, to read, Tweet, Instagram, or otherwise network with fellow readathoners is left up to you. Any challenges and giveaways we host are optional.
- Networking with fellow readers is actively encouraged, though never required.
- Use social media to post updates throughout the readathon. Our main presence is on Twitter, where we share information about the readathon throughout the week. We also maintain an active presence on Instagram. We use the #boutofbooks hashtag on both networks.
Here are my goals for the readathon:
- Participate in challenges.
- Complete book for virtual book club.
- Complete 3 additional books.
- Read 750 pages.
Here is what I intend to be reading this week: