my October book display at work
I’m continuing the tradition of watching Halloween-themed and scary movies in the month of October. My list contains a wide variety of movies that I’m looking forward to.
- 28 Days Later – George Romero got me hooked on the zombie phenomenon. Someone recommended this movie as someone who enjoys zombie flicks.
- The Birds – Hitchcock should always make the list.
- Cabin in the Woods – I always enjoy this movie.
- The Conjuring – I’m most nervous about this one. I imagine I may be hiding under a blanket during most of this movie.
- Halloweentown High – Silly Halloween choice, but I’m a huge Debbie Reynolds fan.
- The Haunting – 1999 version
- House on Telegraph Hill – 1951 psychological thriller
- Rocky Horror Picture Show – I just found out that my husband has never seen this movie, so I have to rectify this.
Prior to October, I did rewatch the original IT miniseries just in case I decided to go see the new version in the movie theater. Has anyone seen the new one? How is it? What are your other favorite movies to watch at this time of year?
It is now a tradition in my house to watch scary and fun Halloween movies during the month of October. This is the list of movies I hope to watch this year. There are a few that I have seen before and some that are new to me.
- Rocky Horror Picture Show – Happy 40th Anniversary! “just a jump to the left..”
- Jaws – Happy 40th Anniversary!
- Ghostbusters & Ghostbusters II
- Blair Witch Project
- Carrie – The 2013 version as I haven’t seen that one yet
- Shutter Island
- The Ward – Can’t go wrong with a John Carpenter movie, right?
- Scream – R.I.P. Wes Craven!
- The Fly – The original 1958 version
- Sleepy Hollow
What are you favorite movies during the Halloween season?
Let me start by saying that I am not a fan of scary movies. However, I can appreciate the brilliance behind some of the more popular scary movies. Unfortunately I often just don’t like being scared or watching things with a lot of gore. Blood and violence make me a bit queasy. I do make an exception once a year during the month of October. It is my way of celebrating Halloween. The following is my scary movie watch list for October 2014:
- Chernobyl Diaries
- Rosemary’s Baby
- The Grudge – tried watching this years ago and could not make it through.
- The Woman in Black
- The Children of the Corn – definitely the 1984 version which I saw when I was probably too young to be watching movies like that.
- Paranormal Activity
- Cursed – this list had to include a Wes Craven movie.
- Psycho – the 1960 version. This list also had to include a Hitchcock (the Master of Suspense).
- Halloween – the 1978 version. I personally believe this is the best Halloween movie every made. I watch it every year.
- The Orphanage – (El orfanato) Spanish film
Out of all the movies listed above, I have only seen three of them all the way through. This will be a scaretastic month!
What are your favorite scary movies?